Thursday, 10 November 2011

Random Announcements of Geek-flavoured Love!

It's not hypno-related, but lately our time's pretty evenly split between hypnotic shenanigans and geekery, and where else can I shout about stuff I'm in love with if not our blog. ;)

Incoming Link Spam as I randomly point at things and make "Oooh" noises.


Broken Bride by Ludo


Ludo are a band we've not heard very much about in Britain. They first came to my attention when Jango.com threw a couple of their tracks my way. I'll write down the name of any music I really like, so I can go pick them up on iTunes later. Much to my annoyance I found that none of the songs I'd written down were available in the UK. Nor were most of their albums. What *was* available was an EP called "Broken Bride"

I investigated...

Broken Bride is the tale of a man (The Traveller) who builds a Time Machine in order to go back to the year 1989 so he can prevent his wife from dying in a tragic car crash. Unfortunately his time machine malfunctions, and as a result he's catapulted into an adventure that spans history from the time of the dinosaurs, to the far flung future, where the final human city is resisting the tide of undead stemming from a zombie apocalypse.

I won't spoil the end, except to say the whole thing had me blubbing like a schoolgirl. (Tears of Sadness or Joy? Who knows!?)

Part One is above, here's the rest of it:

Part 2: Save Our City
Part 3: Tonight's the Night
Part 4: The Lion & The Lamb
Part 5: Morning in May

(Don't worry about the fact part 2 isn't called part 2. It is in the right order.)

The thing I love about this EP is that it spans the breadth of time, and every track is different: "Broken Bride" is Emo Rock, sure, but it features PTERODACTYLS! "Save our City" is an Anthem, "The Lion & The Lamb" sounds like something from a western and becomes something operatic and beautiful towards the end, "Morning in May" is a sweet ballad with an ending that gets me (almost) every time.

We ended up listening to it about 3 dozen times whilst I ordered their "You're awful, I love you" and their "Prepare the Preparations" albums on import.

You're Awful's growing on me, I'd give it 3.5 to 4 stars,
Prepare the Preparations is awesome and gets 5.

iTunes, release this in the Uk!

Random Link. Lizzidoll is currently wetting herself with her flatmates over this site: ANIMALS TALKING ALL IN CAPS

Next up... MEMES!

1 comment:

Yourkiller190 said...

Thank you so much I love your blog and because of you I found the best music every