Monday, 15 February 2010

Lights.... Camera.... SLEEP!

This wasn't from the show I took part in, but you get the idea.

A little while back, I saw a poster for a stage hypnotist that was coming to my local area and it had piqued my interest. After musing about it during that day, I decided to casually drop it into conversation with some of my friends – to test their reaction more than anything else. It’s always strange, but when you have a hidden ‘interest’ like Lex and I do, on the one hand there are a *tonne* of moments that elicit chuckles and knowing smiles from those on the ‘inside’. On the other hand, it always makes me nervous to either tell a new friend about my hypnokink, or broach topics that could potentially ‘land me in it’.


So, with my best display of nonchalance, I brought it up to a few people; one of whom already knew about my hypnokink and so understood my sudden interest in the show. The rest, however (to my surprise) were rather divided in their opinions about it. I guess there’s always the assumption that any fetish you have will be scorned by the other members of society. But my friends were evenly divided really, I had one or two that were really ‘up for a laugh’ and others who decided to politely decline. No-one looked at me as if I had two heads when asking them, which was a pleasant surprise.

After managing to drag a few of them along with me, I attended my first stage hypnosis show earlier last week. Yup folks, Miss get-your-five-(trances)-a-day has never been to a stage hypnosis show. Sure, I’ve seen Mr McKenna on TV when I was younger; heck he’s one of the reasons I’ve got the kink I do. However, I’d never gotten around to seeing a stage show.
If I’m honest with you all, I’d been really nervous about it the more I thought about it. The dreaded ‘acting dilemma’ resurfaced as I pondered whether, if I did get up on stage, I’d be able to respond in front of all of those people. I’ve been tranced many a time before now as a ‘demo-doll’ for Lex’s hypnoshoots, but that’s two or three people in a room, and the models are going to be hypnotised later anyway. Here, I’d have to perform through all the usual embarrassing suggestions in front of 50-100 rowdy university students. What would happen if I got up on stage and was told I wasn’t going to be a good enough subject? Honestly, with all my hypnotic background, that would have killed me. But if that was the case, was I going to just force myself through any suggestion I was given?


By the time I arrived with my friends on the night, I wasn’t sure if I was even going to bother getting up. Having never been to one of these events, as far as I knew, the ‘tist just hypnotised the whole room and picked those who best responded. If this was the case, I wouldn’t get much choice, unless I actively fought the induction. One of the girls in our group reminded me that it was one of the lad’s birthdays, and that we should try to get him up on stage if we could. Now, I knew that he wasn’t too excited about the whole idea of hypnosis, and that part of him would ‘like’ to go under, but we both had a strong inkling that he’d fight it on an analytical level. So, whilst I felt a little bad (I did, honest!), I went across and introduced myself to David Knight before he began.

Now, when I’m a little nervous, I tend to adopt Lex’s ‘fake it until you make it!’ attitude. Which, worked great on the surface, however my anxiety has to come out in another medium. Mine is verbal diarrhoea. So not only did I tell David that it was my friend’s birthday, and that if possible could we force him up on stage but I ended up revealing a lot more than I intended. Positive comments Anthony Jaquelin had said about him on the UncommonForum... That I was a hypnofetishist.... That I’d been a subject for over 2.5 years now.... That I was nervous about whether I’d respond or not... Why can I never keep my mouth shut!

To his credit, David was a lovely fellow; really bubbly and chatty. He put me a little more at ease, mentioning that if I’d like to have a go, then great, if not, then it wouldn’t be a problem and that he hoped I’d enjoy the show.

At that moment the ‘birthday boy’ walked past us both, and I mentally cringed, praying to God he didn’t hear me dropping him in it. I nervously smiled to David, and decided to take my seat as the lights went down. It turned out I’d been wrong about his selection process. He asked for 12-14 volunteers from the audience, and at that moment I pointed my friend out to David, who proceeded to call him up onto the stage. To the birthday boy’s credit, there were only one or two glares that shot my way.

As the seats filled up on stage, my heart began to race. Decision time had come. In the background, a Countdown clock sounded (okay, no it didn’t, but it’s my story, and I’ll use whatever metaphorical props I like, thank you!) Was I going to get up on stage and risk not being able to respond to these suggestions, especially after I’d gone and told the hypnotist that I’d had a fair deal of prior experience as a subject? Or was I going to miss out, and in all likelihood kick myself later on for not going up? I looked up at my friend on stage, and felt a little bad considering both of our expectations for his abilities, and felt a little bad that I’d landed him up there alone. Biting my lip, I charged onto the stage, nabbing the last spot.

I looked around at the others lined up on stage, the birthday boy and I managed to exchange a brief knowing smile. No turning back now, I thought.

David began with some simple testers, floating/weighted hands, and magnetic fingers (yeah, look at me with my hypno knowledge! Booyah!) and had soon wheedled the number of volunteers down to about 10. It was strange actually, since I understood his patter and still managed to block out any points I began to overanalyse it. There were, however, bits of his patter I decided to ignore: “Imagine the superglue setting in between your fingers, now imagine a metal rod going through your hands, and a bolt on the end...” Erm. No thanks David.

He also placed me to one side at the front of the stage, facing to the side and looking up at the ceiling. There was the usual ‘close your eyes... breathe deeply... relaxing deeper all the time...’ patter going on, however it was unfortunately blocked out by one nagging factor. He’d placed me right underneath one of the speakers, and so having him talk through the microphone using a deep, booming voice, with my head inches away from a giant sound system, isn’t exactly what I’d consider relaxing. Then I felt his presence to the side of me, and (off the microphone, thankfully) he told me that as he clicked his fingers, every muscle would go limp and I’d fall back into his arms.

Being a woman, there was a small alarm bell in the back of my mind that made me *incredibly* nervous when he said that. I don’t even like Lex taking my full weight, even when he commands me to, and here I had to fall back to a guy I’d never met? Oh, I had no doubt he’d catch me, but would he be able to take my weight? I didn’t have long to muse about it because I heard the click and that small voice departed with an “Oh, fuck it” as I fell backwards. He was rather gentle, actually, which was nice, but the stage was fecking freezing! It wasn’t long before I was shivering, and tried to force my way back into trance and ignore the shivering until he came back to pick me up again.

It’s a flipping good job I’m so used to being a subject I can pretty much put myself under. And whilst the induction wasn’t *quite* as smooth as some I’ve had in the past, I have to bear in mind that it’s a stage show environment, not Lex’s bed.

He began with ‘simple’ methods of making fools out of the volunteers. Playing imaginary pianos, and riding horses (firstly becoming a cowboy, and secondly winning the Grand National). Apparently though, my movements were *slightly* more practised than the rest of the ‘key mashing’ and jumping around that was going on, as to me, I was just playing my piano at home, or riding as I did when I was younger. These suggestions were particularly amusing as a few of us ended up putting on spotless Western American accents as cowboys (or cowgirls in my case), and one lad when asked how he felt after winning the Grand National, responded (in a perfect Irish brogue) that he’d been training for 25 years and he wanted nothing more than to go home and have a bath. Bless.

Unfortunately for me, apparently what I’m most remembered for was a suggestion later on involving a pair of large glasses (we’re talking comedically large). Two other lads had been told that as they wore them, everyone in the room would appear naked. To their credit, the lads were really creative, and seemed to respond really well. After accepting the excuse that it was “Naked Thursday” in the University, one asked David if he could send all the males away and have all the women jump up and down. The other seemed incredulous that David had managed to get ‘his boys’ naked at the back of the room (even if they *were* rugby players). When it was my turn to put on the glasses, not only did I have trouble keeping them on over my own pair, but I made my repulsion *very* obvious as I caught the hypnotist out of the corner of my eye. I even asked him to stand out of my peripheral vision, and went back to checking out the *very* cute boy sitting next to me on the stage.

David of course, was not one to have his ego besmirched, and quickly zapped me again. I was told that as I awoke, he would now be endowed with the biggest cock I’d ever seen and that I’d be ‘all over him like a rash’. I’d like to add a side-note here, and apologise to the reader in advance for my own behaviour during this suggestion. I think the only thing that stopped me stripping right in front of the stage was a disclaimer he gave at the start that said there would be none of that kind of naughtiness ;) But, that didn’t stop me from using the worst and most clich├ęd lines in the book (we’re talking “so, do you come here often?” territory). David began to look a little uncomfortable, but that didn’t stop me, and – to quote the birthday boy himself – “he told you to sit back down in your seat, and the *sway* in your hips woman was frankly scandalous”. Even then, when he was torturing other volunteers, I got up out of my seat and went and sat next to him on the stage. To my uttermost shame, I even grabbed his arse as he walked past! He did go a lovely beetroot though....

After making one of the lads ‘lose his penis’ (“I look like fuckin’ action man! Where’s my dick!”) and trail off into the audience asking people if they had it, he gave the poor lad ‘the biggest cock he’d ever seen’. As if hearing him claim that it was ‘back to normal’ wasn’t funny enough, as David walked across the stage a ways in front of him, the lad kicked back his chair suddenly, yelped in pain and leant against the banister. His grunts were a mixture of fury and (very nearly) tears as he explained that David had ‘stood on his cock’ as he’d walked past. Heck, I was on stage and nearly wet myself with laughter.

David rounded the show off with some suggestions that played on temperature. Those who’ve met me know just *how* important being warm is to me. Up north, we call it being ‘nesh’, but I don’t care, I can’t *stand* being cold. So we all went from sunbathing (one of the lads actually took off his shirt and began rubbing himself with sun cream!) to freezing cold, and having to hug and rub the person next to us as well.

Another side note to thank David for that particular suggestion, as I got to rub my hands up and down the six pack of the hot guy next to me! *looks across at Lex as she’s writing this* Not that I wanted that at all... *cough*

After deeming that we’d been cold long enough (yes, I flipping well had, thank you!) he told us that we’d wake up in shock for different reasons. The two lads at the end would be shocked as they were gay lovers who’d decided to pick tonight to come out, and I’d be shocked as I was hugging this guy when I was in love with the girl next to me. Let’s just say she didn’t seem overly happy as I tried to explain that “it didn’t mean anything” and let my hand trail across her thigh...

The last suggestion he gave us (after waking us up and removing triggers) was that as he shook our hand, we’d explode in orgasm. Looking down the line, most of the guys seemed quite quiet about it, though their voices suddenly changed as he asked them what they thought about hypnosis (“fuckin’ GREAT!). And then... there was my handshake....

*hangs head in shame*

Oh boy, was it obvious.

I’m not generally ‘quiet’ anyway, but on stage with a microphone under my chin? That, coupled with the ‘bathroom break’ I had to make as soon as I left the stage really couldn’t have made my enjoyment any more blatant.

As much as I protested going under during the show (come on, I couldn’t have gone under without *some* display of brattiness!)... Actually, I think I’ll elaborate on that one for you all, as it was ‘hilarious’ according to my friends. David had a system of going down the line of volunteers and putting them to sleep one by one. Of course, when it got to my turn, I’d hide my head in my heads, and refuse to look at him. Now, I knew that he could have just said “Liz, SLEEP!” and I’d have gone under without looking, but he decided to humour me and after I’d told him that “I wasn’t going under that easy, you bastard!” simply moved on to the next girl. As soon as I poked my head up even just an inch, a click came from the corner of my eye, and I slumped down once more. This happened a couple of times during the night, and each time he’d just distract me, and then catch me off guard.

After the show was over, I received a lot ‘knowing smiles’ and the odd round of applause from the audience members who clearly knew me now. In the bathroom, I even got one girl I’d never met come up to me and jokingly call me a whore! I’m just hoping that I’m not going to be spotted so frequently around the University. After all... it’s a big place, right? There’s not going to be any repercussions from my scandalous acts that night... are there?

At any rate, I’m considering going to more of his shows in future, just to see if he remembers me (I sincerely doubt it) and what he makes me do the next time.

5 comments:

Parkey said...

Oh just blame it all on the hypnotist. They can make you do all sorts of things you wouldn't ever consider doing, ever.

Not your fault at all.

Shadow said...

Just keep in mind that we can't 'make' you do anything you don't want to do!

Shadow said...

Looks like my 'wicked evil grin tag' was deleted, so just hallucinate it at the end of my previous comment.

Lex said...

Didn't he get you exotic dancing as well? Why haven't you mentioned that part? ;) Put it in! :oP

Mistress Winters said...

David Knight is a legend. I went to a couple of his shows when I was starting out. A total professional... the disclaimer at the start ruling out naughtiness was more than I did during my brief dabblings with stage-hypno... which as I think I mentioned in an old entry, almost caught me out on a couple of occasions... of course there in lies the fun ;~)

I think he missed a trick though by not giving Liz a great big cock... though he did slip in some saphic love, so I shall forgive him.