Thursday, 19 February 2009

Songs with MC subtext

We've all heard songs with the odd bit of Mind Control subtext here and there, (I don't know if most R&B artists are closet hypnofetishists... but a fair number of R&B songs rhyme "eyes" with "hypnotize", or talk about one body part or another that makes the watcher weak, or hot, or whatever)

I was listening to "That's not my name" by the Ting Tings in the car recently. In the background, Jules sings at one point something that sounds like "The song was in my head, and now it's in my mind" which got me wondering just how far I could push the Mind Control idea... here's what I came up with, there are a few lines that make me wince a little, but for the most part I think it flows pretty well. Comments feedback and suggestions are all very welcome. Cheesy

"I'm In Your Brain "

(to the tune of "That's Not Ny Name" by The Ting Tings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GBMy_CVE0

Four little words feel them deep in your mind,
it's a difficulty and your cares all drop behind.
Find yourself falling and you're starting to feel better,

People around just don't matter to you much now.

Can't hold back, can't keep hold of your brain
,
Don't want to be resisting, Listen to my voice now.
Don't need to think anything at all,
So with nothing to consider you can fall asleep.

sleep sleep sleep.


You feel relaxed

You feel you're floating

You feel chilled out
You won't refrain.

I'm in your brain
I'm in your brain

I'm in your brain
I'm in your brain

You feel so quiet now,
You just can't fight it,
It's getting easier, always the same,
I'm in your brain

I'm in your brain

I'm in your brain
I'm in your brain


Don't miss my words you want to hear them all,
You'll answer to my voice if you hear my call.
You're still falling, so deep you can't stop yawning,
Getting caught up and losing your defence now.
You're feeling owned, all the time and you're locked onto my words
Listen to my voice now

Got no stress, got no thoughts at all

With everything considered you can drop so deep,

deep deep deep.

You feel relaxed

You feel you're floating

You feel chilled out

You won't refrain.

I'm in your brain

I'm in your brain

I'm in your brain

I'm in your brain


You feel so quiet now,
You just can't fight it,
It's getting easier, always the same,

I'm in your brain

I'm in your brain
I'm in your brain

I'm in your brain

Now you're calling me Master

Now you're calling me Sir
Now you're calling me Master

Now you're calling me Sir

[JULES]

Well now it's in your head, and now it's in your mind,

Cannot fight it can't resist it, you're just falling.

Now you realise, you're feeling hypnotized,

You know you'll obey unresisting when I'm calling,
And can't you see, that it's futility.

Your will is broken when I've spoken to your mind now,

You just relax alone, hypnotic monotone,
speaks right to your soul speaks right to your feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a song (around 1979-1981 or so) with lyrics, "Look into my eyes, look deeper, deeper. When you wake up, you will make love to the first girl that you see. And that first girl will be me." I heard it once on the radio and have always remembered it, but have never been able to track it down. The most explicitly MC pop song I can think of!

K-8 (conscious_object) said...

This reminds me of a song called "Too Much Time On My Hands." ;-)