Monday, 22 December 2008

A Show Like You've Never Seen

Lex and I went to see Elton John at his Red Piano Tour on Saturday (20th). I'd bought him the tickets back in January, and had managed to keep my mouth shut about them for a good 10 months. Mid-November, I'd started to get a little panicky since they still hadn't arrived and I'd never been to a gig before, so wasn't sure whether they should have been here by now. Considering I'd paid the money for them, and was planning to give them to him on his birthday, I wanted the damn emotional kudos for getting it! So I ended up telling him about the gift - and the tickets turned up two weeks later....

Damn sod's law.

We went down to the MEN Arena on Saturday night and took our seats about 10 mins before the opening act came on. It was a band that I'll never remember the name of now, and I didn't really rate them. The lead singer sounded a little like Adam Levine (the lead from Maroon 5) and although he *could* sing, it just wasn't memorable. I think everyone there just wanted Elton, and not the 'look who I'm touring with' act beforehand.

Half of the audience were pissed out of their trees before the show even started, and there were three people in the row below us that were serenading each other throughout the show - and spilling drinks on anyone near them. It got annoying as they decided to stand and show their appreciation; this of course blocked the view for everyone behind them. British etiquette dictated that we couldn't say anything to them, so we didn't, and they eventually sat down.

After a scenery change on stage, Elton appeared from the sidelines, and the crowd went nuts. Everyone was out of their seats, clapping and cheering. I started to stand, before I felt something. My pussy began to throb as I could feel some light playing happening downstairs; I was getting a little aroused all of a sudden. I turned to Lex to ask what the Heck was happening - and promptly forgot about the whole thing.

It was so strange; before and after a song was played, the feeling returned. The more frantic the audience got, the stronger it felt. It was (embarrassingly) wonderful, being touched in all the right places. I think everyone around was too interested in the concert to notice (at least, I hoped they were!). Every time I came to question Lex about it though, I just couldn't remember what I was going to ask him....Strange eh?

Towards the end of the show, a popular song came on, and the crowd went nuts. I couldn't hold it any longer and (with permission from Lex) I came, right there in the middle of the arena. The best part? Not a single person noticed. It was more of that secret public play I'm beginning to love, and whilst it *was* distracting, it was incredibly fun. I didn't get to clap and cheer on Mr. John as much as I'd have liked to, but it was certainly a gig I'm not going to forget in a hurry!

As a side-note, I'm a sickeningly romantic type of girl. Having the stereoptyical movie-esque love scenes makes me melt. Lex knows this, and whilst he's obviously too manly for that kind of thing (*chuckles to self*) he decided he'd put a special trigger in for me during the show.

Elton was singing away to 'I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues', and I felt Lex lean against me. He sang the chorus into my ear, and suddenly, my vision changed. The thousands of other people around us disappeared, and it was just him, me, and Elton. Elton was less than 10 feet away, singing just for the two of us. I know they say when you're in love that kind of thing happens, everyone around you disappears as you two are the only people in the world. But the difference was, this *actually* happened. Elton sang for me, and I'll never forget it. It was so romantic I almost cried.

Alright, I'm a sap. But I love that kind of thing. So nyer ;)

I love you, Lex - and thank you for making my night special.

[Cue the 'Ahhhhh's]

4 comments:

K.S. said...

Thank the heavens my S.O. isnt here to read what you posted, or else I'll be forced to even top what Lex's done.

The tough part is in trying to find tickets for a now-deceased artist. RIP :(

redmollie said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Arel said...

Awwwwwwwww.

Grey said...

awwwww