Monday, 11 August 2008

Behind The Watch

As Lex mentioned a few posts back about the photoshoot with Amy we both went to. Whilst it was only a photoshoot, she was –rather- interested about hypnosis, and mentioned to us that she’d tried a little self hypnosis to get to sleep. And, of course, she couldn’t get enough of seeing the endless things Lex can do with –me- under hypnosis…

I wasn’t overly thrilled at being the demo-dolly though…

We’d arranged to meet up for a hypnosis shoot a few weeks later, but unfortunately, I was called into work and couldn’t attend, so Lex took that one solo. I can’t tell you the full details of what happened, though from what Lex has said, it didn’t quite go according to plan.

For whatever reason, (perhaps anxiety, apprehension or, in my opinion, working herself up too much about going under) his induction didn’t seemed to work. After trying for about an hour (and watching Amy’s boyfriend being unable to concentrate on what he was reading, who was now just following and listening and slowly drifting under…) he decided to call it a day and left it as a normal photoshoot. He –did- try for a good few hours though, I believe.

I received a text message when I got home from work that told me how the shoot had gone, and I brattily replied “You should have let me ‘tise her, I’d have been able to do it.” Then he replied, taking me up on the offer…

Now before, I hadn’t even thought about it seriously, but as he started to consider it, my mind started racing. How –would- I go about doing this? I grabbed my pad of paper and pen and started jotting out an idea of how a hypnothetical (sorry, hypothetical - I always spell that wrong) shoot with me would go. I planned out the conversation I’d use leading upto my induction, the subtle questions I’d ask that would shape my induction with her…

My mind was on a scheming overload, and within 15 minutes, I had everything planned.

What can I say? When I put my mind to it, I can do just about anything. Afterall, Amy and I –are- extremely alike…

So we booked the shoot for after they had returned from a holiday they were taking, and I must say, I was rather excited – especially knowing that Lex had failed to put her under twice already (he tried on the photoshoot too, though that was just an instant induction he tried, not an in-depth one). So if –I- could put her under…God I could picture my endless gloating already!

Actually, I’d like to give mention to someone that played a very significant part in this shoot, all whilst being in a completely different continent =P A friend of mine showed me an induction he uses, and I must say, I was very impressed. I thought it would be perfect for Amy, and asked him if I would be able to borrow it to get her under. He agreed, and I felt really confident that I’d be able to get her under using it.

The shoot was last Thursday (7th) and we sat chatting for a while before we began. She was still a little nervous, but I made sure that a few of the choice questions and phrases I wanted to make sure she heard/answered had been dealt with. She really wanted to watch Lex take me through an induction though, and one of my favourite parts are my full-blown inductions (something I don’t get as often as I’d like, Lex =P) so I agreed.

Eventually though, when he’d finished playing, we were ready to begin, and I shooed him out of the room (there was no way I was letting him sit and watch me try!) Unfortunately, my ‘completely perfect’ induction had been shot down earlier in the conversation, since her time spent at the beach wasn’t pleasant, and the induction focused on a beach scene. (Don’t worry Ex, I won’t reveal your secrets =P) So I had to do some tweaking to the induction…Nothing I couldn’t handle though ;)

Anyway, within 20 minutes she was under, and I decided that it would be best to re-enforce the trigger by having her wake up, and then using the trigger phrase I’d given her. It allowed her mind to take to the word-association, and what I expected of her when I said it. She’d seen me fall when triggered to sleep too, so that helped. I continued to ease her into her trigger, and after half an hour or so had passed from when I began, I called Lex back into the room.

I must say, my grin was from ear to ear the moment I had my back to Amy. I was going to enjoy every second of showing him who the better ‘tist was.

I used her trigger phrase when she was sitting on the edge of the couch and BAM, she slumped to the side, her head cocked in an awkward position facing us.

I looked across at Lex, my face speaking volumes, before I woke her up.

Checking back with Amy all the time, I ease the control of her trigger over to him, and she started responding really well to his use of it. Lex had asked me a few days previous if I could get her under, would I want to do the shoot myself, but I declined. I don’t have the voice for it. It’s to do with my accent (As another friend of mine pointed out that it was very ‘Northern’ – and no Lev, I’ve never forgotten that little revelation of yours…).

All in all, it was a very good shoot. She responded better and better the longer we went on, and towards the end, she was going so deep it even raised our eyebrows. She froze amazingly (even after we’d removed a trigger that froze her in place as the camera flashed, she continued to freeze anyway =P).

What can I say? When I do something, I don’t do it by halves ;) She and I are very alike, in terms of confidence, brattiness, general outlook of hypnosis and overall demeanour. I really enjoyed putting her under, and I enjoyed showing my work off to Lex even more ;)

Can’t be put under? Pish posh!

Hand me that bloody crystal, amateur!

4 comments:

Grey said...

Ah, the significance of rapport...

Though it's not that surprising that she responded so well once someone finally managed to get past her initial block on going under.

By the way, I sometimes have that problem with hypothetical too - surely every word that begins "hyp-" should be "hypno-" - at least within our little community...


And you do realise that Lex will now expect you to be able to hypnotise all his problem cases for him!

polo said...

ok Liz. now what follows is a two-girl shoot with you and Amy together... ;)

Melted Dreams said...

Nice one liz :)... Well done :D... I'm sure there's endless gloating going on right now :P... Maybe there's a start for some sort of retaliation, lol...

Although, in lex's defence, I guess we could say that "not every attempt goes as expected, due to external interferences or over-active minds at the time"... Lol... I've had one try fail so far... Well, not really fail, just not deepen as I'd've liked it to...

Again, congratulations liz on such a successful induction :D...

K.S. said...

Congratulations on your attempt liz, do gloat, you deserve a bit of ego-stroking for that.

Dont gloat too much though, lex may retaliate. Or maybe deep down you want him to retaliate...

I jest, I jest XD